9.08.2009

Deep Thoughts: Swearing Off

After crying into my millionth shot of whiskey last week, I proudly proclaimed to a friend that I was swearing off. Never again will I tangle with any of the following: bartenders, artists and/or boys who have ever or are currently in a band. This led to a painstaking trip down memory lane, but as I recalled my many, many mistakes, I remembered one thing fondly. No, not the boy who didn't speak English, although talking IS overrated in my book...it was the clothes. The clothes, the clothes, the clothes! So while I'm quitting my beloved downtown boys cold turkey, I figured, I'm still allowed to dress the part, right?

Obviously a great leather jacket is key. Unfortunately, finding the perfectly distressed piece is almost as hard as finding one of these boys willing to pick up the tab. If you can’t wear one conventionally, the next best thing is to have one on your arm. Made from recycled leather jackets, Ashley Watson’s buttery soft bags, only look better when knocked around.

Hands down, no one does downtown disheveled like T Alexander Wang. The tops epitomize careless cool to perfection. Add dark denim or ACNE skinnies and you’re almost out the door. LNA leggings are another perennial favorite, not only because they look cool but they're also comfortable as hell. Dancing up a storm is a very serious task, anything comfortable is key.

Even though I’ve severely limited my pool of future victims, I like to think I'm keeping the best part. And after all, Alexander Wang is one boy that never lets me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment