10.07.2009

Notes On: House of Harlow 1960

I've always disliked the following:
-the description "boho chic"
-celebrities who think they're designers
-earrings

I know the last one is sort of strange for someone who sells jewelry. I just feel like my head looks weird when I wear earrings, and I absolutely abhor anything that resembles a chandelier earring on anyone.

So, when I heard that Nicole Richie was designing jewelry, I was skeptical to say the least. It's not that I don't love her. I've been a huge fan since I first saw her sticking her hand up a cow's ass on The Simple Life. She's hilarious, gorgeous and sort of seems to have her life together, but those qualities don't equal a designer.

Apparently, I unfairly judged N.Richie because I'm currently typing this post while wearing a House of Harlow cocktail ring, some HoH stack bangles, a HoH super long locket and HoH earring. Yes, earrings. I don't know if I have the courage to wear them out in public, yet. However, I used them to re-pierce my holes, and I think they almost look cute. I still refuse to describe the collection as boho chic. However, I do think that it has a look that can be described as bohemian and will look great accessorized with your fall wardrobe!

House of Harlow 1960 is available in store at Atticus or by phone at 608.204.9001.

No comments:

Post a Comment