11.25.2009

Deep Thoughts: Giving Thanks

The last time I gave a compliment, it got laughed off. Apparently, the downside to being a sarcastic ass most of the time is even when actually telling the truth, people don't believe me. It's easy to get caught up in the monotonous day-to-day and dwell in the negative, but when my genuine expression of niceness got scoffed at, I realized perhaps focusing on the positive couldn't hurt. With the impending holiday reminding everyone to give thanks, I found myself inspired and downright cheerful when thinking about all the good in my life. Mostly ridiculous, with a dash of serious, I've compiled a list of what I'm thankful for this year:

My family: both biological and the one I've assembled on my own. It's been a helluva year and I'm beyond lucky to find myself surrounded by creative, inspiring, amazing people.

Atticus (and it's owner, my darling Kiki) : my home away from home, even if I'm not allowed to lay on the couch when people come in to shop.

Blackberry Messenger: Drewser and I would perish without it.

Black leggings: I'd never leave the house if I had to wear actual pants.

Whiskey: even if it makes me habitually tardy and causes my boss to crack jokes about untreated alcoholism.

Alexander Wang, Vena Cava, Rodarte and Gary Graham: designers who still push boundaries, explore new territory and make me remember why I love fashion.

My standing Sunday afternoon dates: brunch, yardwork, pumpkin smashing, hopscotch, skateboarding injuries, terrible movies, the list could go on. Everything is better with my partner in crime.

The Silver Dollar and Le Tigre: no explanation needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment