12.17.2009

Deep Thoughts: Color

After enduring my rather abrupt wake-up call (what can I say? I can't handle snoring) a friend recently confessed that, upon waking, he initially mistook my room for a hospital. Although my style could be described as extreme minimalism, having it likened to an asylum isn't exactly a dream come true.

I've always loved the look of bare white walls, I find it an incredibly soothing contrast to life's daily stress. It's also extremely easy, a no-brainer, in terms of design. I approach my wardrobe with the same fervor, except in lieu of white, I stick with fiercely minimalist, always in style, black. Prying my bony little fingers from their vice grip on my ink J Brands and 15 variations of the same black tank, however painful it may be, is a necessary foray into the unknown. Especially after boring myself skimming previous posts, realizing I constantly write about this exact dilemma. After finally hanging girly pink pictures in my bedroom, perhaps it's time to follow suit with my wardrobe.

Here's how I'll be injecting a much needed dose of warmth to my closet:

No comments:

Post a Comment