1.27.2010

Notes On: Effortless Fashion

It's usually a safe bet that any look deemed 'effortless' is anything but. Take for instance that perfectly destroyed Balmain t-shirt gracing the pages of every known fashion issue (see Daria at left). After a wasted hour of going at, and completely ruining, my favorite Marc by Marc tee with a scissors and cheese grater, I can tell you that this particularly disheveled look is far from effortless. And unless you've been blessed with a mane like our model, Rachel, that breezy Wang braid is nearly impossible.

Lately, my schedule has been so packed with travel, fall market, dinner parties, fundraisers, meetings, photo shoots, collaborations and a rather intense remodeling project, I haven't even had time to tweet. Clearly that leaves zero time for creating inventive, or even interesting, looks from the emerging piles of clothing lying on my floor. In order to survive the rest of this daunting winter, I need a few go-to looks that really actually require only tiny amounts of effort.

Here are the pieces I consider to be relatively effortless and are currently being worn in heavy rotation:

ACNE Blackout Dress: So easy to put on over tights. I put a belt with it for meetings.

Charlotte Ronson High Waisted Shorts: I swear they really are effortless. They're enough of a show piece themselves, so tights and any top complete the outfit. I like to tuck in a white t-shirt if I'm going out, but they also look cute dressed up with an embellished tank.

Filippa K Long Slip Tank: It's long enough to wear alone with tights. So, I have them in a variety of colors. I always wear one over tights, and then just throw any cardigan, sweater, or jacket over it to complete the look.

Kerrigan Richard Jacket: I steal this out of my sister's closet to dress up my favorite t-shirts or to make my tank dresses wearable in the winter.

Temperley London Honeycomb Sweater: This is my all time favorite piece. I own it in 3 different lengths and colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment