3.09.2010

In the Bag: Michelle

Possibly an In the Bag first, Michelle Goldstein's organized to perfection bag reveals only the bare necessities. That is, if you consider Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Chanel basic essentials. And let's be honest, who doesn't? As Business and Affiliate Manager for shopbop.com, it's no surprise she has impeccable taste, but her Martha Stewart like talent makes whipping together a dinner party, baby shower, farewell send-off or just plain old happy Tuesday soiree look easy. Always the gracious host, her calm under pressure is clearly no act.

Bag?
Rebecca Minkoff

What's in your bag?
Sunglasses (currently wearing Gucci), fingerless gloves from Forever 21, hat from a store in Park City, Utah, Extra sugar free gum, Chanel bronzer & lip gloss, YSL magic stick (known as touché éclat – radiant touch).

When and where was it purchased?
shopbop.com, 6 months ago

When do you carry it?
Day and evening. It’s a cross body bag – good for shopping so I don’t need to carry anything and I can focus all my arm strength on the mission at hand and good for evening so I can easily grab drinks at the bar for myself and friends without worrying about my handbag.

Favorite spots in Madison to take it?
The usual watering holes...Natt Spil and Maduro or out for a day of shopping.

Favorite places to shop in Madison?
Atticus, bop, Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21

Where would you never take it?
A farm

Farthest the bag has traveled with you?
I wish I could say somewhere exotic or far away, but since this is a relatively new bag and I haven’t gone on a “real” vacation since owning it, the bag has been to Chicago, NY, Philly and Park City

What do you wish you’d find in it?
A wad of cash

How many other bags are currently in your rotation?
I have 2 younger sisters so whenever I get a new bag I typically pass an old bag down to them, so I don’t have too many bags in rotation. But currently I'm using a Marc by Marc Jacobs messenger bag (really into cross body bags lately since they are so easy to use), Halston Heritage Night Bag (another cross body- this one is good for evening) and a Gucci Bamboo Bag – great for more formal events. I got it when I was 21 studying abroad in Italy and plan to have it forever.

What’s your dream bag?
A Chanel Handbag. Unfortunately I have really expensive taste so I may be eying this forever (unless my husband, hint hint, decides to get it for me one day). I really want either the classic large flap or the classic flap bag with black leather and gold hardware. I wish I wasn’t so materialistic or label driven, but alas, I am who I am.

What’s the one piece of clothing you can’t live without?
Lululemon pants. They're great for working out or just bumming around.

No comments:

Post a Comment