4.23.2010

Come and knock on our door

The life of an insomniac is not an easy one. I rarely fall asleep without a pharmaceutical cocktail and even then, most nights I'm still wide awake staring at the ceiling come 3 a.m. Even though I have 300+ channels at my disposal, somehow I always end up at the same place, Three's Company. The rosy hues, outlandish 70's fonts and cheese factor are my version of warm milk and a bedtime story; a few episodes and I'm counting sheep in no time.

Last night however, something caught my eye and I sat up with rapt attention. "Oh my god," I said aloud to no one. "I'm totally digging Chrissy's style!" Her blend of playful rompers, teeny-tiny short shorts and striking mix of colors and textures spoke to me. One commercial break later and I was furiously taking notes, planning how I'll be biting her style this summer. Here are a few looks I decided on:
  • Wide leg, high-waist pants with slouchy tucked in tees, or cropped tops and vests
  • Obscenely short shorts paired with wedges and socks
  • Jumpers and one piece play suits
  • And of course, there's room in any wardrobe for a little glitz, even if happens to be in a dream sequence
Think I'll skip the side pony tails.

No comments:

Post a Comment