8.27.2009

Deep Thoughts: Denim Dresses


Recently when a friend tried to entice me into a denim dress, I was underwhelmed to say the least. Actually I think I recoiled in horror and said something like, "I don't think I'm wholesome enough for that dress...won't it burn off of me like holy water?"

If denim frocks conjure up images of good girls, down home prairie time, or worse, junior high, you're not alone. Luckily, I've spotted a few for fall that just might change my mind. Far from innocent, these denim beauties are a welcome alternative to pulling on the same old pair of skinnies, and can prove just as versatile. And with cooler temps coming soon, they'll transition easily with a classic blazer or cardigan.

Even if you're not the sweetest girl on the block, try one on. Nothing beats the unexpected and if nothing else, at least you'll be able to fool people for one night.

Pictured:
The Current/Elliott Heart Dress
Charlotte Ronson Cut-out Dress

1 comment:

  1. I WANT THE CURRENT/ELLIOT HEART DRESS!!!!!!!!

    Seriously - how cute is that? Must...get...a second...job....

    ReplyDelete