9.25.2009

Deep Thoughts: Pants

Anyone who knows me understands that pants and I don't exactly have a love affair. I've been lucky enough this summer to almost avoid them entirely, opting instead for a mix of shortie shorts and "dresses" (which most people just call shirts), leggings and tees or even on occasion an actual dress. Obviously pants in general, let alone, corduroys and chinos have never been at the top of my fall must haves. But something unexpected happened when I tried on a pair of ACNE chinos last week. They were comfortable, flattering and I pretty much fell head over heels. Not prepared to be enamored, I mentally started pairing them with my current wardrobe, the true test of a good buy. The slouchy Alexander Wang tees and feminine Marc blouses I've been wearing all summer, suddenly felt fresh again. Surprised with this new revelation, I was also delighted when I slipped on a pair of Current/Eliott corduroys. Just in time for fall, all it took was trying on a few pairs to rocket these perpetually ignored pieces to the top of my list. Subtly refined without feeling forced or fussy, I'll be traveling into uncharted territory because I think pants just might add that crisp contrast my conventional uniform was desperately lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment