10.15.2009

Deep Thoughts: Sweat Dressing

This picture recently found its way to my inbox and as I took in the simple yet striking look, I realized with fervid enthusiasm...she's wearing sweatpants! As real pants! As I've said before, I'm the epitome of lazy chic. If I could wear leggings and my Chip and Pepper mukluks everyday I would, so anything that manages to look dressed up while feeling dressed down is my fashion holy grail. Although sweats are one of the few clothing options produced purely for the sake of comfort (snuggie excluded of course) whipping them into a fashion forward masterpiece is easy.

Well-made, quality constructed pieces are key. They can be worn to death and even slept in and they'll still look good come morning. Paired with a more structured piece, like the blazer pictured, or chosen in unexpected colors like grape, keeps them from entering that scary Walmart special zone.

Finding inspiration in unlikely avenues is a refreshing thrill. Personally, I can’t wait to pair some ratty old raglan crews with a super feminine, flouncy ball skirt and sky-high heels. And the best thing about sweat dressing? It’s supposed to be easy. Every one of us has stared blankly into our closets at some point and said, “I wish I could just wear my pajamas.” Now you can!

My picks:

LNA hoodie
Any Kerrigan by Daryl K wrap
AA Raglan Crew
Splendid Harems

No comments:

Post a Comment