10.14.2009

What are you wearing?

A long time ago, in a far away land, a group of upstanding young gentlemen, belonging to a band that played shows at Arlene's Grocery, used to hang on the lower east side corner I frequented. We not so lovingly referred to their look as "hobo pirate" and in fact their style was eventually eulogized by the always friendly Vice Magazine.

Why, you're wondering am I telling you this fascinating story? Well...I'm ashamed to say, but there's really no better way to describe what I'm wearing today other than 'hobo pirate.' I've got on:
  • Buckled Dolce Vita boots
  • Striped Juicy socks (what can I say? I love the cute little puppy logo)
  • My standard SoLow leggings
  • YaYa Love tank (which I've worn, literally to shreds so it really adds to the whole hobo vibe)
  • Marc shirt
  • Ridiculously oversized Lux cardigan
  • Slouchy knit hat (made with love by my granny)
What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Today I'm wearing shades of grey to match the annoying sky.
    -Vintage blazer (and by vintage I mean Gap circa 2003)
    -Katherine E. Hamnett t-shirt that reads: Deliver Us From Evil
    -House of Harlow starburst necklace
    -Current/Elliott Overdye Leggings
    -Frye Engineer Boots

    ReplyDelete