2.04.2010

Deep Thoughts: Dressing Down

Before and much, much after

As much as I adore dolling up for black-tie events, I also can't wait for that moment at the end of the night when I haphazardly discard my outfit in a pile on the floor, pull on comfy clothes and curl up in a Wild sister's bed. This past weekend we attended an adult version of prom, a charity ball held in our little state's capitol. Dance party mayhem and screaming renditions of Bon Jovi and Journey songs left me far from my A-game come morning, but a night in Kiki's new Keep Me pants seemed magically to hold my aching feet (and head) at bay.

For most, downtime is so scarce we're willing to toss on any old ratty tee inherited from past amours. But lounge wear, with its ability to sooth and comfort, is truly worthy of its own category on the shopping list. If you're anything like me and your basics extend outside the house, say to work or to brunch the next day, it's best if they can pull double duty. A few of my favorites:

No comments:

Post a Comment